Our client, an expert accountancy firm with offices in Derby, is looking to recruit an experienced Bookkeeper for their developing business.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is proactive and able to liaise with clients in a sociable and approachable way.
What is the role?
- Preparation of VAT returns and online filing with HMRC
- General bookkeeping
- Payroll Administration
- Assisting in the planning and management of the workflow
- Building and maintaining client relationships
- Ensuring that all work is completed on time and within budget
- Meeting and exceeding all statutory and client deadlines
- Providing the client with efficient and effective client service at all times
What will you need to be successful in this role?
- Minimum 2 years’ experience, within a general accountancy practice environment.
- Experience with QuickBooks, Xero, Free Agent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable working within a fast paced working environment.
- Great attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage a diverse portfolio of clients.
- Work efficiently in order to complete targets and meet deadlines.
- Self-management, able to manage their time effectively to meet long term goals set by senior management.
Please note that previous experience in an accountancy practice is essential for this role.
Interested candidates should apply as soon as possible for immediate consideration.
If you’re looking for a Bookkeeping role in Derby, but felt this position wasn’t the right fit, Charleston Recruitment is still able to assist you with your search.
Many Bookkeepers seeking new opportunities are unaware that although job titles can differ between firms, often the job specifications are similar. For example, if you see that we are advertising for a Bookkeeper position in Derby we may also be recruiting for a Accounts Assistant in Derby as well.
As a tip for your next search, we have seen an increase in the need for Bookkeeper jobs in Derby. If you possess this skillset, make sure you highlight it in your application. Our partner companies view it as a demonstration of strong technical knowledge.
Charleston Recruitment specialise in placing accountancy professionals in new positions. We can help you find the ideal Public Practice role that advances your career and keeps you on a trajectory towards meeting your professional goals.
If you have experience in Public Practice and would like to discover fresh career opportunities, please get in touch with us today.