SALARY NEGOTIABLE DEPENDING UPON EXPERIENCE
A well-established firm with offices in Leeds have an opportunity for a Conveyancing Assistant/ to join their busy Conveyancing team.
The Conveyancing Assistant will be joining an established team and will be providing assistance and support to a senior Fee-Earner within the Residential Property team.
You will be dealing with a wide range of work to include:
· Attending clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards of client care.
· Opening new files through the case management system and preparing initial correspondence and documents.
· Dealing with all post completion procedures to ensure that transactions are correctly registered with the Land Registry, that file balances are speedily distributed, and that files are swiftly closed and archived.
· Ensuring the confidentiality of all of the firm’s and clients’ documentation and information.
· Arranging for all tasks such as copying, scanning, binding as required by the fee earner.
· Providing support to other offices, departments and secretaries when time is available and when requested by your line manager or department manager.
· Undertaking training when required
· Attendance and participation at departmental meetings when requested.
· Gain and maintain IT and telephone skills appropriate to modern legal practice; specifically, the systems and facilities used by the firm
The Ideal Candidate
The Conveyancing Assistant will have: –
· Previous relevant experience in a legal environment and ideally within a residential or commercial property department would be an advantage (6 months experience).
· Strong communication skills and able to deal effectively with clients, visitors and colleagues by telephone, face to face and in writing.
· Strong attention to detail and a good work ethos
· Typing skills of around 45wpm to 50wpm with good accuracy.
· The ability to carry out a range of tasks in an orderly, timely and conscientious way.
· A positive approach to work and will be a team player.
Salary and Benefits
Salary will depend upon experience.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CV TO SOPHIE DAVIS AT CHARLESTON RECRUITMENT AS DIRECTED OR ALTERNATIVELY TELEPHONE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.APPLY