Charleston Recruitment are working closely alongside a Firm of Chartered Accountants based in Sheffield to provide them a with a Portfolio Accountant to join their busy team.
About the role
To be successful in this role you will need to be highly client focused, and a confident communicator use to managing junior staff.
A general practice background with accounts and corporation tax experience is essential.
You will be used to performing at a high level of efficiency, delivering a range of compliance and consultancy led work including ad hoc projects.
The main responsibilities for this Senior Accountant job include:
- Managing a client portfolio (audit, accounts, tax). A portfolio suitable to your current skill set can be planned with a view to development.
- Acting as a key contact for those clients, delivering on multiple assignments to agreed deadlines independently alongside the Partners
- Trusted to manage projects fully and to budget
- Taking responsibility of your team, help in the development of junior staff
The successful candidate will:
- Hold either an ICAEW or ACCA qualification
- Have experience working within a busy public practice
- Display unquestionable integrity, excellent verbal and written communication
- Demonstrate strong logical and analytical skills
If you wish to be put forward for this role, please apply or contact us directly.
If you’re looking for a Portfolio Accountant role in Sheffield but felt this position wasn’t the right fit, Charleston Recruitment is still able to assist you with your search.
Many accountants seeking new opportunities are unaware that although job titles can differ between practices, often the job specifications are similar. For example, if you see that we are advertising for a Semi Senior position in Sheffield we may also be recruiting for a Senior Accountant in Sheffield as well.
As a tip for your next search, we have seen an increase in the need for Audit Seniors in Sheffield . If you possess this skillset, make sure you highlight it in your application. Our partner companies view it as a demonstration of strong technical knowledge.
Charleston Recruitment specialise in placing accountancy professionals in new positions. We can help you find the ideal Public Practice role that advances your career and keeps you on a trajectory towards meeting your professional goals.
If you have experience in Public Practice and would like to discover fresh career opportunities, please get in touch with us today.