Our client are a successful independent accountancy firm situated in Leeds. They have an outstanding team of professionals, a varied client base and excellent systems.
About the Role
As Director/Partner Designate, you will be monitoring, supervising and evaluating all daily accounting activities. You will be expected to work with other members of the accounting team and will also develop and implement accounting systems to collect, analyse, verify and report a myriad of financial information.
You will be dealing with a wide range of work to include:
- Develop and nurture client relationships and be the all-round business advisor.
- Lead the team and review client accounts and tax returns.
- Assign projects to the other staff members to ensure accuracy and compliance with company policies.
- Meet financial objectives through collaboration and delegation.
- Seek out opportunities to provide value add services to clients.
- Manage a portfolio of SME/OMB’s and manage the relationships work load and all round business advice provided to the clients.
- Streamline systems and processes and initiate corrective actions when necessary.
Required skills, experience and attributes:
- ACA/ACCA Qualified (could be Qualified by Experience)
- Demonstrable track record of working within UK based Accountancy firms
- Proven knowledge of accounting regulations, practices and standard
- Proven experience of managing substantive and varied client portfolio’s
- Can provide sound, technical advice to clients
- Strong management skills
- Ability to work with large amounts of complex data
- Innovative computer skills on MS Office and accounting databases and software
- High Attention to detail, organisation and accuracy
What’s on Offer
- Base salary from £60,000 to £80,000
- Partnership progression
- Flexible working
- Company Benefits Package
LEEDS: 0113 243 2111
DERBY: 01332 949 366
MANCHESTER: 0161 697 7770
PETERBOROUGH: 01733 903 286
Charleston Recruitment specialise in placing accountancy practice professionals in new positions in Leeds and across the UK.
If you’re looking for an Associate Directors role in Leeds, but you felt that this position wasn’t the right fit for you, Charleston Recruitment will still be able to assist you with your wider search.
We can help you find your next ideal accounting practice role that advances your career and keeps you on an upward trajectory towards meeting your professional career goals.
And … because we have specialist knowledge, we will have wider discussions with you about how you can navigate into a rewarding career.
When talking to a consultant please highlight any experience which includes business restructuring, business valuations, fee earning, client management and the training of staff.
What’s happening in the accountancy practice market!
We have seen steady growth year on year for top tier leadership positions across the public practice market, including the replacement of succession partners into public practice jobs.
In addition, we are seeing trends where smaller practices with client portfolios from 150 to 300 want to recruit in new leaders to develop and look after the portfolios as associate partners in Leeds and Buy-in’ Partner jobs in Leeds and the wider areas.
Notes on job search
We live in great times when the world is at our fingertips, everything is readily available but when searching for the right fit, it can feel like the ‘next step’ may as well be a needle in a haystack!
Many Associate Directors seeking new opportunities are already aware that although job titles can differ between accountancy firms, often the job specifications can be similar. For example, if you see that we are advertising for an Associate Director position in Leeds we could also be recruiting for Partner jobs in Leeds too. This replicated across different platforms such as big named job boards, secondary job boards, client websites, commercial (unspecialised), can be overwhelming or time consuming to independently search.
Please note not all of our positions are actively advertised due to the nature of fast-moving recruitment cycles and some clients value confidentiality for senior level recruitment.
Get in touch for a confidential conversation and the ease of not having to search.